My Green home plan (will keep editing and updating this post as i do more analysis and implement if possible):
- Solar based electricity
- Sun based water heaters - cooking and bathing
- Biogas plant
- Rain water harvesting
- Possible changes in Architecture??
- Water vapor (Solar) based cooler ??
- Lifestyle considerations??
- Heat storing oil??
- Gym that recharges the battery!??
- Water purifier (filtering and boiling) (Solar - based on forming and water vapor and reforming water)
- Solar based electricity: Solar energy can be converted to electricity and used for various purposes - this setup can be integrated with the outside electricity grid/without. If high amount of electricity is produced it can be provided to the outside world.
Wiring - size/length - type - cost - lifetime
Inverter - volume - cost - lifetime - environmental safety -
Cost analysis - per month electricity spending = (total cost of installation + maintanence)/(number of years)
Labour costs: ??
Organizations to contact in India: Aurore, India: http://www.aurore.in/ContactsContact.html
- Sun based water heaters:
Noon time can be used to pre-heat cooking water - will save gas
- Biogas plant: Kitchen waste, human waste and other biodegradable waste can be converted to biogas; the conversion is done naturally with help of bacteria’s to biogas that can be used for cooking.
Set up: Will require procuring a biogas plant, laying pipes to transport gas to kitchen, laying out methods to dispose waste to biogas plant.
- Rain Water Harvesting: During rainy season, the water from rain can be stored to underground based water storage tanks; which can be used later on.
- Possible changes in Architecture: Changes to house construction - materials, architecture to improve the below mentioned things:
1. Waste material during house construction
2. Better ventilation for cooler house (eg: longer house tops)
- Water Vapor (Solar Based) Cooler: Is it possible to create coolant - that runs on water vapor. Sun heats and creates water vapor - and the expanding water vapor cools the surrounding - for cooler homes??
- Lifestyle considerations: Eg: Getting up early and going to bed early - we will use less lightings?
- Heat Storing Oil: Recently I saw in Discovery about discovery of heat storing oil - which is heated up from solar light and used to produce electricity through conventional water vapor based plants. Can this be used to store heat and use it during night time - say for cooking?
- Gym that recharges You and the Battery: Would it be good to design and build a gym that recharges say batteries of your phone!? And thinking of more possibilities…
- Water purifier: Based on solar power - we can heat water to form water vapors and reform water - this will leave out most of the heavy dust/impurities out - is it possible?